Position: Full Time Truck Driver & Warehouse Helper
Rate of Pay: $25/hour daytime (6AM – 10PM) and $40/hour nighttime (10:01PM-5:59AM) and/or overtime.
Who we are
Bespoke Decor is a growing design and rental company based in Vancouver. Our inventory of vintage furniture and decor set us apart, but it’s grown to carry an eclectic mix of vintage, modern and custom pieces. Summer weddings are the biggest part of our business, but we rent for events, movies and store displays year round.
We are a small but mighty team taking on over 400 events annually.
We give a damn about our clients and work hard to provide great service, beautiful items and an unforgettable experience.
What we are looking for
We are a small business which means we need people willing to wear many hats and perform various duties.
You will be the face of our company on deliveries. We are looking for someone who cares about legendary customer service with a passion for providing exceptional client experiences. This includes a professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication. Even our purple truck says “be kind” 😉
A large part of this position will be working with the warehouse management team who coordinates all the logistics, staffing and routing. We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable driving a 3 ton truck (16’ to a 26’). In addition, also quite handy with tools and has a general knowledge on how to repair furniture.
This position would include (but not be limited to) the following:
- General warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Loading, unloading and moving inventory by hand, dolly, or basic material handling
- Verifying orders as described on packing slips/delivery notifications
- Organize and load orders on truck
- Safely drive and deliver in a 3-ton truck
- Perform weekly vehicle inspections (such as checking fluids) and bringing it into the shop for regular maintenance as required
- Communicate with Office Team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients
- Assisting in furniture repair, cleaning and inventory maintenance
The Skills Required
- MANDATORY Valid class 5 driver’s license (no special licence required for our size of truck)
- MANDATORY must display good driving habits
- Must have a clean driving record
- Team player, positive attitude and excellent problem solving abilities
- Interact at a high level of professionalism with clients and colleagues to build and maintain positive, supportive and respectful relationships
- Ability to safely lift delicate and heavy furniture
- Basic knowledge of tools and minor furniture repair
- Thoughtful and resourceful in stressful situations
- Self starter and strong attention to detail
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills
Must be available weekdays, weekends, split shifts and late, late nights. Due to the nature of our business, the time of work will depend on the event bookings and delivery schedule.
This position is year round and full time. However, the bulk of the hours may be worked in the summer season with a slower winter season – meaning at the end of the year a “full time” schedule would have been worked (more overtime in summer, shorter weeks in winter).
Days can vary from a single task to a full day. Flexibility is key!
Please Note: This is a labor intensive position, so you must be physically able to work on your feet while lifting heavy objects for an 8 hour period, sometimes more if needed.
How to apply:
Say hey! Please send an email to our warehouse manager, Kizzie via firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself, send over a resume and any details you think we should know.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called.