Is anyone here a last minute person? You have good intentions to do things early… but it always seems to be the last minute? I know, I’m one too most of the time. So in the spirit of the last minute, I thought today we’d whip up some watercolour valentines day cards for you… and since all you need to do is download and print- you won’t even need to run out to the store to grab them. But you might need to call ahead and make reservations for your date, we can’t do that for you.
We’ve made four versions for you to choose from, download the PDF and print the page of your choosing. Could it get any easier?
The four versions available are: BE MINE VALENTINE / XO XO XO / YOU ARE MINE / I LOVE YOU
It’s almost that time, when cheesy love becomes sweet and proposals are, well… everywhere. We can’t say that we mind, considering we purposely surround ourselves with weddings year round. Today’s inspiration is pretty pink and cool grey with a healthy dose of hearts (hello Valentine’s Day!). We created a red and pink inspired valentine’s day board last year and thought we’d soften it up a bit for this years and give you a valentine’s day pink and grey wedding. I have to say… I’m pretty much in LOVE with these colours together! I don’t think they can do any wrong together.
LEFT TO RIGHT / TOP TO BOTTOM:
ONE: Heart shaped macarons?! Are you kidding… perfect! I know that macarons in every shade of the rainbow are all the rage right now and I think all the shapes should be the next trend. Because this… is so sweet.
TWO: Perfectly simple letterpress invitations are given a splash of personality with a little pink heart. The pink envelopes wrap it all up for an understated (but beautiful) piece of mail.
THREE: This wedding is totally glam. Not only does this bride rock a stunning pink dress- but her pup rocks a tutu of her own.
FOUR: We know, everyone loves paper straws. But I’m pretty sure we love them even more adorned with felt hearts… and dropped into glasses with sugared rims.
FIVE: You know we could never complete an inspiration board in good conscience without including a well dressed groom. This look? So simple. But drop-dead (how sweet is that mini rose buttoner?!).
SIX: We saved the best (*cough* most extravagant) for last. How ridiculously gorgeous is this ceremony!? Oh, those blooms! The view! The sheer draping!
Are your eyes full of hearts now too? What’s your favourite image from the inspiration? I’m dreaming about that ceremony, but really… my heart is with those peonies 😉
Happy February! I love February for a few reasons. It means that winter is almost over- and it’s the month that it’s socially encouraged to be lovey-dovey. Today I’ve got an inspiration board to get you in the lovey-dovey spirit (that’s a real thing). Valentine’s Day is under two weeks away so hopefully you’ll be inspired to do something extra special! Even if that means making chocolate dipped pretzels in a fancy skirt with your girlfriends.
1. Yeah, you heard me right… chocolate dipped pretzels! For me, Valentine’s Day (well… month really) needs some sweet treats. These babies are as easy (and adorable) as they come.
2. Every party needs confetti. And even days that just feel fancy. I love this heart shaped confetti photo– it feels magical.
3. How sweet is this! Talk about the quickest (and incredibly romantic) way to decorate for your sweetie. You can get those heart doilies at the dollar store and scatter them like you would rose petals.
4. Candy hearts may not be the tastiest candy out there… but they’re probably the most adorable. This photo is actually from some Free Printable Conversation Starters for Date Night (or Valentine’s Day). Yes please to both!
5. If you want to feel girly and romantic, I’d say tulle is the way to go. How lovely is this pink tulle skirt?
6. If you’re an over-the-top gift giver (can we be friends?) this monster box of helium balloons with a love note will have you heading to the balloon store.
That’s all that fit into my inspiration board… but a few more links inspired me, so I’ll share. I am a firm believer that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to be romantic. I love this list of Cheap or Free Date Ideas! My favourite suggestion? Eat nachos while watching Nacho Libre (am I the only one that finds that hysterical?). And if you’re looking for the perfect gift for your sweetheart, you might like these printable gift coupons or this not-so-cheesy (but definitely a little bit cheesy) Valentines Gift Guide.
Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day yet? Let me know in the comments!