Work Schedule: The schedule itself is always changing and flexibility is required. Some weeks will consist of standard M-F hours, but others will have weekend shifts (especially in the summer months). The schedule for a Bespoke Lead Designer is largely determined by event dates and deadlines.
As a designer, you’ll be expected to spend most time in the Bespoke office during office hours, and be onsite during weekends and evenings as required to execute your events, activations or displays.
Rates of Pay: $20/hour
The position of designer is a very hands on, creative and often demanding role. You will be meeting with clients (ranging from weddings to large corporations) to hear their event vision, goals and expectations, selling Bespoke services, and then turning initial thoughts into fully custom designed events and displays.
This role requires a strong administrative and creative balance. Your time will be spent working with clients, the bespoke warehouse team and our team support crew to prepare for event execution. You need to have a strong creative sense, the ability to juggle multiple tasks, and create detailed plans, timelines and staffing/operation procedures. On event days, you’ll be required to lead a team, and problem solve on the fly.
Design wise, you will need to be able to appeal to multiple styles of events and aesthetics to keep up with client requirements. Experience in the event or interior design world is an asset and will be a large factor in the hiring decision.
The Duties Required:
- Design events, displays, holiday activations and more in a range of styles and scale
- Conduct consultations and sell Bespoke services
- Meet with clients at Bespoke Decor and various locations for site visits, planning meetings, finalization meetings, etc.
- Handling and organizing custom design plans for weddings, events, holiday, corporate displays, etc.
- Managing emails and phone calls on a very timely basis
- Work on site for the duration of event days or activations leading a small team and executing comprehensive plans
- Efficiently communicate with clients and vendors as required
- Efficiently communicating with entire Bespoke Decor team for deadlines (ex: custom builds, calligraphy, etc)
- Operating as team support to fellow lead designers when needed
- Administration work as required
- Projects as assigned
The Must-Have Qualifications:
- Experience in the event and interior design world
- Experience with Google Drive will be considered an asset
- Experience with Asana will be considered an asset
- Legendary customer service skills
- Extremely organized (we really mean this one – highly important skill)
- Punctual & reliable
- Must be able to think on the spot and problem solve under pressure
- Flexible & adaptable to change
- Ability to self start and work independently
- Ability to positively lead a small team
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as events demand
The Extra Details:
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between Hope & Whistler
- Must be available to work weekends & late nights as needed
- Experience in the events industry is an asset
- Experience with corporate clients is an asset
How to apply:
Please send a quick video* introducing yourself! Show us your individual style and what makes you passionate about design. Don’t stress about the video – it doesn’t have to be high quality or super original! Seeing you and your personality and individual style is the goal.
What is your favorite design style? What is your favorite home store? Do you seek the thrill of pulling off the impossible?
Please email email@example.com to introduce yourself, say hey and let us know why you’re interested in this role and why you’d be a great fit at Bespoke. We take our hiring seriously and want to find someone who will find happiness here!
No phone calls or drop-ins please. Only shortlisted candidates will be called.
*okay, okay! If the idea of a video gives you the sweats – you can simply send an email. But please take time to introduce yourself as best as possible!