Position: Delivery Truck Driver
Rate of Pay: $25/hour daytime (6AM – 10PM) and $37.50/hour nighttime (10:01PM-5:59AM) and/or overtime.
Who we are:
Bespoke Decor is a growing design and rental company based in Vancouver. Our inventory of vintage furniture and decor set us apart, but it’s grown to carry an eclectic mix of vintage, modern and custom pieces. Summer weddings are the biggest part of our business, but we rent for events, movies and store displays year round. The summer months are our busiest time of year for rentals and deliveries, so we use the quieter season to repair and refresh our inventory and reorganize and reassess for the next year.
We are a small but mighty team taking on over 800 events annually.
We give a damn about our clients and work hard to provide great service, beautiful items and an unforgettable experience.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a kick-ass co-worker to assist us in deliveries, late night retrievals and various projects and cleaning around the warehouse as assigned. That means doing deliveries and retrievals, and helping to keep our life organized in the warehouse.
We are a small business which means we need people that are are willing to wear many hats and perform various duties.
You will be the face of our company on deliveries. We are looking for someone who cares about legendary customer service with a passion for providing exceptional client experiences. This includes a professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication. Even our purple truck says “be kind” 😉
You will work closely with the warehouse manager, logistics manager, owner, rentals manager, set-up coordinator and designers working around the clock on events.
This position would include (but not be limited to) the following:
- General warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Loading, unloading and moving inventory by hand, dolly, or basic material handling
- Verifying orders as described on packing slips/delivery notifications
- Organize and load orders on truck
- Safely drive and deliver in vehicles sizing up to 26’
- Perform vehicle inspections (such as checking fluids)
- Communicate with the Warehouse Manager and Office Team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients.
We want you to find a home here. Come into the position and make it your own! You will be trusted, highly valued and recognized in your work.
The Skills Required:
- Valid BC class 5 driver’s license (no special licence required for our size of truck)*MANDATORY*
- Experience and ability to drive up to a 26’ truck
- Must have a clean driving record and display good driving habits
- Team player, positive attitude and excellent problem solving abilities
- Interact at a high level of professionalism with clients and colleagues to build and maintain positive, supportive and respectful relationships
- Ability to safely lift delicate and heavy furniture
- Thoughtful and resourceful in stressful situations
- Self starter and strong attention to detail
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills
- Must have a reliable source of transportation especially for late night deliveries (as transit will not be available)
Work Schedule: Must be available weekends, split shifts and late, late nights. Due to the nature of our business, the time of work will depend on the event bookings and delivery schedule.
This position is year round and part time.
Days can vary from a single task to a full day. Flexibility is key!
Please Note: This is a labor intensive position, so you must be physically able to work on your feet while lifting heavy objects for an 8 hour period.
How to apply:
Say hey! Please send an email to email@example.com to introduce yourself, send over a resume and any details you think we should know. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called.