Position: Acting Warehouse & Operations Manager for Maternity Leave | Contract full-time (from July 12 – November 12, 2019), 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday, Occasional Weekends
Rate of Pay:$22/hour. In addition, you will be eligible for a 5% bonus paid in November (if still actively employed with Bespoke Decor at the end of contract)
Who we are
Bespoke Decor is a growing design and rental company based in Vancouver. Our inventory of vintage furniture and decor set us apart, but it’s grown to carry an eclectic mix of vintage, modern and custom pieces. Summer weddings are the biggest part of our business, but we rent for events, movies and store displays year round.
We are a small but mighty team taking on over 400 events annually.
We give a damn about our clients and work hard to provide great service, beautiful items and an unforgettable experience.
What we are looking for
Your position as an Acting Warehouse & Operations Manager at Bespoke will consist of running day-to-day operations for the warehouse, managing the team and scheduling employees, trucks and logistics planning. You will be required to work closely with the office and warehouse team both via email, phone and in person.
This position would include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Managing, hiring and training warehouse team as needed
- Scheduling deliveries, setups and other staffing needs, including last minute events
- Communicate with Bespoke Team to ensure smooth logistical information is carried out
- Inventory maintenance, cleaning and monitoring repairs
- Follow and enforce warehouse procedure
- Following annual and project based budgets
- Event delivery, setup and teardown
- Verifying orders as described on packing slips/delivery notifications
- Organize and load orders on truck
- Safely drive and deliver in a 3-ton truck (16ft -26 ft truck) when required
- Weekly vehicle inspections (such as checking fluids) and bringing it into the shop for regular maintenance as required projects as assigned
The Must-Have Qualifications
- Exceptional customer service skills (we know everyone says this, but we really mean it)
- Must be extremely organized
- Must be able to think on the spot and problem solve under pressure
- Ability to self start and work independently
- Ability to work well and support your teammates
- Attention to detail
- A willingness to help
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds (#muscles)
Experience in the events industry or warehouse management is an asset (but a love for hustle is a must).
To apply, please submit a video application & resume. In the video, we want to know a bit about you, why you’re interested in this position, and what you can offer the Bespoke team. Applications are due by June 15, 2019.
Please be sure to include your availability and any potential scheduling conflicts.
Please send video to email@example.com
We appreciate each and every person who applies for this position! However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.