Position: Assistant Warehouse Manager & Driver
Rate of Pay: The hourly rate of pay will be $25.00 per hour. You will be paid bi-weekly
Work Schedule: FULL-TIME. Mandatory Work days: Sunday, Monday, Thursday & Friday. However, must be available on weekdays, weekends, split shifts and late, late nights. Flexibility is key!
Your position as an Assistant Warehouse Manager will be working alongside with the Assistant Operations Manager and Warehouse & Operations Manager to ensure smooth operations for orders, deliveries and staffing needs.
You’ll also be covering the Warehouse tasks fully while the Warehouse & Operations Manager is on maternity leave from August 15 – November 15, 2019 .
Your role will be to organize and maintain the warehouse, reviewing orders upon leaving the warehouse and upon arriving back. Maintain warehouse inventory & upkeeping, damages, as well as loading trucks, deliveries and retrievals. In addition to communicate with the team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients, as well as other assigned tasks.
The Duties Required:
- Being Second in Command for warehouse management.
- Providing excellent customer service with a positive, kind and helpful demeanor.
- Safely delivering to various venues across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
- Handling customer concerns and communicating with the Bespoke team.
- Taking directions from a lead designer/ manager on site/ client on site.
- Carefully unload and load decor items in the truck when setting up/ tearing down.
- Communicate with the Lead Designer Team, Warehouse Team, Office Team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients.
- Knowledge in preparing and packing orders then strategically packing them onto the trucks.
- Managing the Bespoke Inventory complete status (where it is placed, if it is damaged, tracking it if it is missing)
- Quality checking all inventory before it goes out & finding solutions if damaged/ dirty
- Knowledgeable with Damage procedures (white board, Asana, RW, informing team)
- Reviewing all orders regarding delivery/ retrieval times and reviewing all items on the pull ticket before going out making sure it’s tagged and packed well.
- Reviewing all orders and making sure the pull tickets are complete this includes the proper tools (ex. Ladders, toolboxes, cinder blocks/ sandbags, extension cords, recycling kits, dollys, drills, spare bulb kits etc.)
- Reviewing all orders when retrieving, making sure all the items are retrieved and packed well.
- Inform team if inventory is missing supplies/ short supplies ex. candles, missing tools, tape, bulbs etc.), purchase supplies and arrange to deliver/ pick up supplies
- Making sure the truck is well maintained, clean & tidy (oil changes, tire changes, engine maintenance etc.)
- Making sure the warehouse is clean and organized (such as leaks, pests, lights, and any damages, but also sweeping)
- Cleaning and organizing large inventory items and placing them back where they belong in the warehouse.
- Training any new hires on delivery/ truck expectations and warehouse expectations.
- Completing tasks as required and additional projects as assigned.
The Must-Have Qualifications:
- MANDATORY Valid CANADIAN class 5 driver’s license (no special licence required for our size of truck)
- MANDATORY must display good driving habits
- MANDATORY Forklift Operators Certification
- Occupational First Aid Certification
- WHIMIS Certification
- Occupational Health and Safety Certification
- Must have a clean driving record
- Can drive up to a 26’ Truck
- Team player, positive attitude and excellent problem solving abilities
- Interact at a high level of professionalism with clients and colleagues to build and maintain positive, supportive and respectful relationships
- Basic knowledge of tools and minor furniture repair
- Self starter and strong attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Legendary customer service skills
- Extremely punctual
- Must be organized and flexible
- Ability to self start and work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Thoughtful and resourceful in stressful situations
- Ability to safely lift delicate and heavy furniture, at least 50 pounds (#muscles)
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment, especially to last minute changes and capable of creating solutions. (Problem Solver!!)
THE EXTRA DETAILS:
You must have a reliable source of transportation to travel between Hope & Whistler
You must be available to work weekends & late nights
Experience in the events industry is an asset (but a love for hustle is a must)
Please Note: This is a labor intensive position, so you must be physically able to work on your feet while lifting heavy objects for an 8 hour period, sometimes more if needed.
How to apply:
Say hey! Please send an email to our warehouse manager, Kizzie via firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself, send over a resume and any details you think we should know.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called.